Pipe Stress Engineer
The Pipe Stress Engineer will join our team to provide professional expertise to our customers and to help guide the rest of our pipe stress group in their learning.
Pressure Vessel Engineering Ltd. is an employee owned engineering consulting firm located in St.Jacobs, Ontario, Canada. Founded in 1999, we are a close-knit organization with customers around the globe. Our work involves many diverse industries including oil & gas, water filtration, food & beverage, instrumentation, pharmaceutical, and many more. The PVEng team provides analysis, design and registration assistance using code calculations and beyond to provide solutions for our partners.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Individually responsible for projects from small to medium size and work as part of a team for larger projects
- Coordinate with customers to determine project scope and generate supporting documentation such as calculations and technical reports.
- Work closely with customers to improve design concepts for installation and cost savings.
- Review customer specifications and data sheets
- Provide quotations for piping related projects
- Communicate with existing customers and new leads to facilitate growth of pipe stress work at PVEng
- Identify and communicate the areas of growth you see for yourself, your peers and the company
- Continuously improve your skillset through a combination of peer interactions, internal training and external courses
- Train other employees on pipe stress analysis using Caesar II
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to make sound engineering decisions based on available information
- Proficient in Caesar II and Microsoft Office Applications (Advanced Excel experience)
- Willing to work collaboratively and help train others
- Advanced knowledge of ASME B31.1, B31.3, B31.5
- Knowledge of ASME Section VIII-1 & 2
- 10+ years of pipe stress static, dynamic and equipment analysis experience
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Knowledge of and ability to perform the following:
- Pipe flange leakage evaluation and design.
- Pipe supports and anchoring methods and design.
- Expansion joints and spring hanger selection, evaluation, and design.
- Nozzle load compliance check for systems with vessels, pumps, and heat exchangers.
- Strong project management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Desire to continuously learn and grow professionally
- P.Eng registered or eligible for registration
- 3D modelling skills and the ability to generate both concept and fabrication drawings
Demonstrated competence in the following areas is required:
- Relationships: Maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, clients, and review agencies.
- Communications: Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Initiative: Ability to undertake self-directed tasks and complete in a timely and professional manner.
- Organization: Excellent time management skills, attention to detail; the capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency, ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, create / implement action plans and monitor progress towards goals; ability to make clear and timely decisions.
- Quality: Demonstrated ongoing commitment to continuous improvement and quality.
- Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to make decisions that enhance effectiveness.
- A diverse workload with many different types of projects to keep things interesting
- Flexible hours
- Benefits including health, vision, dental and RRSP matching
- Skill development opportunities both internally and through outside training/classes
- Team-oriented atmosphere
- Three weeks of vacation to start, one additional day of vacation after each year
- Competitive compensation
- Hybrid work environment
- Family values with a focus on work-life balance
- Great corporate culture including company lunches and team building events (previous outings include glass blowing, paintball, cooking class, axe throwing, escape rooms and many others)
- Your option to own part of the company after two years of employment