Click on a cell in this chart to calculate the imperial and metric dimensions of a pipe with and without undertolerance. The undertolerance is removed from the ID of the pipe.
Design and Registration Services at PVEng
ASME Code Design – We work to many ASME standards to design and validate pressure vessels, boiler, fittings and piping systems.
- Compress, PV Elite, DesignCalcs and our own in-house software
- ASME VIII-1, VIII-2, I, IV, B31.1, B31.3, B31.5
Finite Element Analysis (FEA) – We use FEA to design and validate fittings and vessels that cannot be designed by rule-based codes like VIII-1 or B31.3.
- Pressure, thermal, wind and seismic load analysis
- Permissible service life (fatigue life)
Pipe Stress Analysis – Pipe stress analysis is mandatory for British Columbia registration and it is recommended practice for many other systems.
- Caesar II pipe stress analysis
- Analysis to many piping codes including B31.1 and B31.5
Canadian Registration Number (CRN) – We are Canada’s largest independent registrar of fittings, vessels and piping under the CRN program registering for more than a thousand customers.
- Design, review and registration with P.E. / P. Eng. stamping for all provinces
- Specific knowledge of what needs registration and what is exempt by province
Pressure Vessel Engineers has twenty years of successful experience in the pressure vessel field working for thousands of customers.
- Six Professional Engineers on staff licensed to stamp and sign off on designs for use in all Canadian jurisdictions.
- Fast and professional assistance from our team.
Need help? Our contact information is to the right.