Celebrating 20+ Years!
Celebrating 20+ Years!
Pressure Vessel Engineering has been helping companies obtain CRN registrations and validating non-CRN pressure equipment designs for over twenty years. We have relationships with the registrars across Canada to understand how to make the process go as smoothly as possible for them and for our customers. We have registered thousands of vessels, boilers, heat exchangers, fittings, piping systems and other components that don’t fall neatly into any categories. In addition to registration projects, PVEng has also worked with companies to validate designs outside of the CRN system including high rise building piping, high pressure cyclic designs, breech lock closures and many others.
In addition to registration projects, PVEng also validates designs outside of the CRN system including high rise building piping, high pressure cyclic designs, breech lock closures and many others. PVEng offers design services for all types of mechanical equipment using calculations, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) for fatigue, strain, buckling, seismic and thermal analysis as well as fluid dynamics and pipe stress analysis.
Thank you to our many customers because delivering your projects also helps us develop deeper and broader expertise. We are now involved with more than just CRN registration and will continue to develop and learn new skills as we evolve. Our mission is “To be the first choice for quality, expertise, and responsive engineering solutions”.
Pressure Vessel Engineering wouldn’t be where we are today without the people who made us who we are. We have a great team, built around our Core Values of Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Expertise and Trustworthiness. Our talent pool is our greatest asset and supporting this team is our biggest success factor. Our vision is “To create a positive and engaging environment, providing innovative and professional solutions for our clients’ needs”.
We look forward to working with you on your projects for the next 20 years and beyond!
The PVEng Team
Pressure Vessel Engineering Ltd. is an employee owned Canadian engineering consulting firm located in St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada. Established in 1999, we have grown to 20 employees. We service customers around the globe in diverse industries including oil & gas, water filtration, food & beverage, instrumentation, pharmaceutical, and many more. Our team provides design and registration assistance using code calculations and beyond to meet your needs, doing as much or as little of a project as you want.
Our licensed professional engineers are registered in Ontario, Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, New Brunswick and Newfoundland. We can legally work on projects in all Canadian provinces and many countries around the world.
To be the first choice for quality, expertise, and responsive engineering solutions.
- Quality – Accurate, complete work.
- Expertise – Continuous learning and growth (individually and as a company), providing guidance and direction for customers, beyond just what their question may be asking
- Responsive – Get back to clients in a reasonable period of time.
To create a positive and engaging environment, providing innovative and professional solutions for our clients’ needs.
- Positive – supportive, good attitude, promotes employee wellbeing, productivity, and growth.
- Engaging – Interesting, enjoyable, individual goals/needs align with corporate goals
- Innovative – New ideas and methods, advanced and original thought processes.
- Professional – Competent, reliable, honest, respect for others, positive attitude, self-upgrading, supporting others, consistent principles.
We strive to use our experience to make your job easier. We are committed to continuous improvement and learning, and provide opportunities for our employees to grow and develop. Quality and customer service are the two pillars of our business, and we work to provide this to you in our daily interactions.
- Integrity – We do what is right, in the right way, when we say we will do it, and in a professional manner.
- Teamwork – We work together towards a common goal, and with our clients to achieve the results they desire.
- Accountable – We are responsible for our actions individually and as a whole.
- Expert – We strive to continuously learn and grow to provide guidance in our fields of operation.
- Trustworthy – We will earn your trust through our honesty, intent, competencies, and results.
We are licensed and trained to use many different software packages and can exchange source files. Our design packages include:
- Compress, PV Elite and DesignCalcs for ASME code calculations
- SolidWorks and Draftsight for modeling and drawing
- SolidWorks Simulation, Flow Simulation and Abaqus for advanced physics based problem solving
- Caesar II for pipe stress analysis
- We also have a large library of spreadsheets for problems where commercial calculation packages cannot supply a solution
Design and Registration Services at PVEng
ASME Code Design – We work to many ASME standards to design and validate pressure vessels, boiler, fittings and piping systems.
- Compress, PV Elite, DesignCalcs and our own in-house software
- ASME VIII-1, VIII-2, I, IV, B31.1, B31.3, B31.5
Finite Element Analysis (FEA) – We use FEA to design and validate fittings and vessels that cannot be designed by rule-based codes like VIII-1 or B31.3.
- Pressure, thermal, wind and seismic load analysis
- Permissible service life (fatigue life)
Pipe Stress Analysis – Pipe stress analysis is mandatory for British Columbia registration and it is recommended practice for many other systems.
- Caesar II pipe stress analysis
- Analysis to many piping codes including B31.1 and B31.5
Canadian Registration Number (CRN) – We are Canada’s largest independent registrar of fittings, vessels and piping under the CRN program registering for more than a thousand customers.
- Design, review and registration with P.E. / P. Eng. stamping for all provinces
- Specific knowledge of what needs registration and what is exempt by province
Pressure Vessel Engineering has over twenty years of successful experience in the pressure vessel field working for thousands of customers.
- Twelve Professional Engineers on staff licensed to stamp and sign off on designs for use in all Canadian jurisdictions.
- Fast and professional assistance from our team.
- Serving industries such as water filtration, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, biogas, food & beverage and more!
Need help? Our contact information is to the right.