Celebrating 20 Years!
Celebrating 20 Years!
Pressure Vessel Engineering is celebrating 20 years of helping companies obtain CRN registrations and validating non-CRN pressure equipment designs. Over the years we have registered thousands of vessels, boilers, heat exchangers, fittings, piping systems and other components that don’t fall neatly into any categories. In addition to registration projects, PVEng has also worked with companies to validate designs outside of the CRN system including high rise building piping, high pressure cyclic designs, breech lock closures and many others.
We would like to thank our many customers for working with us to help us expand our breadth of knowledge. With your assistance we have been involved in a large variety of projects, and we are now involved with more than just CRN registration. PVEng offers design services for all types of mechanical equipment using calculations, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) for fatigue, strain, buckling, seismic and thermal analysis as well as fluid dynamics and pipe stress analysis. We will continue to develop and learn new skills to meet our customers changing needs.
PVEng is a group of people working together with each other and our customers and vendors to accomplish a common goal. We strive to build relationships with the jurisdictions across Canada to better understand how we can work together to make the registration process go as smoothly as possible, both for them and for our customers. PVEng has also set up a number of partnerships to allow us to be a one stop shop.
Pressure Vessel Engineering wouldn’t be where we are today without the people who made us who we are. Thank you to all of the people who have worked with us over the last 20 years.
We look forward to working with you on your projects for the next 20 years and beyond!
The PVEng Team
Pressure Vessel Engineering Ltd. is an employee owned Canadian engineering consulting firm located in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Established in 1999, we have grown to 18 employees. We service customers around the globe in diverse industries including oil & gas, water filtration, food & beverage, instrumentation, pharmaceutical, and many more. Our team provides design and registration assistance using code calculations and beyond to meet your needs, doing as much or as little of a project as you want.
Our licensed professional engineers are registered in Ontario, Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, New Brunswick and Newfoundland. We can legally work on projects in all Canadian provinces and many countries around the world.
Our Core Values
We strive to use our experience to make your job easier. We are committed to continuous improvement and learning, and provide opportunities for our employees to grow and develop. Quality and customer service are the two pillars of our business, and we work to provide this to you in our daily interactions.
- Integrity – We do what is right, when we say we will do it.
- Commitment – We are determined to help our customers achieve success.
- Accountability – We are responsible for our actions individually and as a whole.
- Relationships – We build lasting relationships between our clients and our staff to better understand and meet their needs over the long term.
- Education – We value learning and devote time each day to further our understanding to aid us in our efforts. We provide information for our customers and anyone else needing our expertise in person or through this website.
- Teamwork – We work together towards a common goal, and with our customers to achieve the results they desire.
- Open-Mindedness – We seek out and listen to new ideas and views, promote two-way communication and share success with those around us.
We are licensed and trained to use many different software packages and can exchange source files. Our design packages include:
- Compress, PV Elite and DesignCalcs for ASME code calculations
- SolidWorks and Draftsight for modeling and drawing
- SolidWorks Simulation, Flow Simulation and Abaqus for advanced physics based problem solving
- Caesar II for pipe stress analysis
- We also have a large library of spreadsheets for problems where commercial calculation packages cannot supply a solution
Design and Registration Services at PVEng
ASME Code Design – We work to many ASME standards to design and validate pressure vessels, boiler, fittings and piping systems.
- Compress, PV Elite, DesignCalcs and our own in-house software
- ASME VIII-1, VIII-2, I, IV, B31.1, B31.3, B31.5
Finite Element Analysis (FEA) – We use FEA to design and validate fittings and vessels that cannot be designed by rule-based codes like VIII-1 or B31.3.
- Pressure, thermal, wind and seismic load analysis
- Permissible service life (fatigue life)
Pipe Stress Analysis – Pipe stress analysis is mandatory for British Columbia registration and it is recommended practice for many other systems.
- Caesar II pipe stress analysis
- Analysis to many piping codes including B31.1 and B31.5
Canadian Registration Number (CRN) – We are Canada’s largest independent registrar of fittings, vessels and piping under the CRN program registering for more than a thousand customers.
- Design, review and registration with P.E. / P. Eng. stamping for all provinces
- Specific knowledge of what needs registration and what is exempt by province
Pressure Vessel Engineers has twenty years of successful experience in the pressure vessel field working for thousands of customers.
- Six Professional Engineers on staff licensed to stamp and sign off on designs for use in all Canadian jurisdictions.
- Fast and professional assistance from our team.
Need help? Our contact information is to the right.